SAFTY INSTRUCTIONS AND REGULATIONS
1. Operator and passenger must wear personal flotation device (PFD) at all times.
2. NEVER OPERATE THE WATERCRAFT AFTER CONSUMING ALCOHOL OR TAKING DRUGS. OPERATING A WATERCRAFT UNDER THE INFLUENCE IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE SUBJECT TO FINES AS HIGH AS $5,000.
3. Sailboats, commercial vessels and fishing vessels have the rights of way.
4. Always be aware of traffic around you.
5. Wake jumping is dangerous and not allowed.
6. Follow local regulations regarding speed limits, whether posted or not. The Cuyahoga River is a NO WAKE ZONE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES AND/OR FINES THAT ARE A RESULT OF YOUR WAKE!
7. Boats, including personal watercraft, DO NOT HAVE BRAKES. You must release the throttle and GIVE YOURSELF TIME AND DISTANCE TO SLOW DOWN OR STOP.
8. Always watch for swimmers or divers. Stay away from swimming areas.
9. You must use the throttle to turn. The jet thrust is what makes you turn.
10. Personal watercraft is in motion at all times. There is no neutral position.
11. Watch for low water so as not to damage jet pump, impeller or the water craft
12. Operator should always attach the engine stop switch to their jet ski vest so that the engine will stop in case the operator falls off.
13. Do not put hands, feet or any part of your clothing near jet intake on bottom of watercraft when the engine is running.
14. To return a watercraft to its upright position, you must rotate it CLOCKWISE by body weight bearing on the right side and grabbing the intake grate to complete the clockwise rotation. The watercraft WILL BE SEVERELY DAMAGED if you do not turn it over in a CLOCKWISE rotation.
15. If you should fall off, board from the rear of the watercraft. Use the rear grab handle to pull you knees to platform. Then pull yourself forward using handlebar to maintain balance. A passenger would climb on in the same manner after the operator is on board. Reconnect safety switch and restart engine.
16. ABSOLUTELY NO BEACHING OF THE WATERCRAFT IS ALLOWED
17. You may go one-quarter mile beyond the breakwall opening adjacent to the Cuyahoga River. The end of the breakwall (east or west) is the end of the rental area.
THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM INSIDE THE BREAKWALL EDGEWATER BEACH AREA IS OFF LIMITS!
18. YOU MUST STAY AWAY AT LEAST 250 FEET FROM ALL OTHER JET SKIES OR BOATS!
19. All Personal Water Craft must be returned to the dock one half hour prior to sunset.
20. DO NOT BECOME AIRBORNE WHILE CROSSING THE WAKE OF ANOTHER VESSEL OF LESS THAN 100 FEET OR AT AN UNSAFE DISTANCE.
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL OF EACH OTHER. THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF DAMAGE IS DUE TO WATERCRAFTS RUNNING INTO EACH OTHER. ALLOW YOURSELF ENOUGH SPACE TO MANEUVER AND ALWAYS CHECK FOR OTHER WATERCRAFT BEFORE YOU TURN.
Add your content here